Re: freeswan

From: Adam Palmer (adam@npn.org.uk)
Date: 03/23/03

From: "Adam Palmer" <adam@npn.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:06:54 +0000 (UTC)

I haven't successfully got IPsec working outside the Astaro linux
distribution.
(I played with the evaluation version. Its very good but _very_ expensive!)

PoPToP took a long while to get working. Once the concept of it is grasped
however,
its not that difficult. The documentation isn't amazing, but its all there.

In short:

Download pptpd and pppd. Patch pppd, patch the kernel with mppe and compile
ALL
ppp options into the kernel as modules. Reboot, insmod the various ppp
modules, allow
port 1723 through your firewall (TCP) and ports 47.48 (GRE) through your
firewall (NON-IP)

Once thats done, its pretty much a configuration issue.
Call pppd with logfd 2 and watch what goes on. Then google with the error
messages!

--
Adam Palmer
NPN Computing