Re: VPN for DSL

From: Luca Vix Visconti (vix.vix@tin.it)
Date: 03/19/03

    From: Luca Vix Visconti <vix.vix@tin.it>
    Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:18:30 +0100

    neptuna wrote:
    > Where can I find good information for setting up a Linux based DSL VPN? The
    > clients will be Win2k.
    >
    > Thanks

    If you need a RoadWarrior configuration ( clients are on the road and
    dial up with an ISP ) you can use FreeS/WAN ( www.freeswan.org ).
    If you want to connect two offices you can use a linux firewall and
    follow the very easy procedure described in VPN PPP-SSH Howto (
    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/ppp-ssh/ )

    • Re: VPN for DSL
      ... > Where can I find good information for setting up a Linux based DSL VPN? ... > clients will be Win2k. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: VPN for DSL
      ... > Where can I find good information for setting up a Linux based DSL VPN? ... > clients will be Win2k. ... Linux clients behind a NAT providing cable-modem firewall, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • VPN for DSL
      ... Where can I find good information for setting up a Linux based DSL VPN? ... clients will be Win2k. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: samba and big files question
      ... > windows box) through a linux box onto a webserver. ... approach is better if your data will be used infrequently by the clients. ... I would recommend that you investigate using rsync, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Advanced Security Question
      ... The upgrade will probably include thin clients (getting ... linux image by TFTP) and wireless. ... We want to control all of the traffic on the network to the point and ... You corrupt the ARP tables of the remote machines ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)