Re: Log turn on

From: Dave Millen (postmaster@[127.0.0.1)
Date: 03/18/03

From: "Dave Millen" <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:19:35 +0000

In article <3E76AF65.9D7FD8D0@visi.com>, "Bryan Packer" <bryanp@visi.com>
wrote:

> Jason wrote:
>>
>> Thanks nb, I should have made myself clear. I was saying in the
>> ipstables we have the packets Logged in the screen if we have command
>> like --log.
>
> add an entry in your syslog.conf file that reads something like:
>
> kern.* /dev/tty7
>
> That entry would log all messages from the kernel (which is where
> iptables logs entries are generated) to the 7th tty (alt-F7) on your
> console. I wouldn't recommend logging them to the main console.
>
> bryan

Isn't the alt-F7 display reserved for X? It is on all my boxes...

Regards,
Dave

--
Microsoft Scandisk
------------------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The Wings of Honneamise [Blu-ray]
    ... and I'm not saying that you have to "get with the times" ... I ain't condemning gamers because of any fault of the GAMES. ... game console that you KNOW is going to be put away four years ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Create a console app under EmbeddedVC4, and debug it
    ... > I compared the settings of this project with that of the console project ... I think there's documentation of the right entry ... >>> and then installed the SDK which has a console and now I can connect to ... So I replaced the WinMain with main, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: [CFT] bsdinstall and zfsboot enhancements
    ... mode of the installer, which in turn requires the correct console. ... If we can provide a guarantee that any system that displays text has a working console, ... If an entry for each console terminal exists in /etc/ttys, ... Then the behavior is just that a tty marked "off" stays off, one marked "on" stays on, and one not present spawns login with a terminal type corresponding to "console" if it happens to be the console. ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: [CFT] bsdinstall and zfsboot enhancements
    ... mode of the installer, which in turn requires the correct console. ... If we can provide a guarantee that any system that displays text has a working console, ... If an entry for each console terminal exists in /etc/ttys, ... Then the behavior is just that a tty marked "off" stays off, one marked "on" stays on, and one not present spawns login with a terminal type corresponding to "console" if it happens to be the console. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Premier Baron and creation dates
    ... baron in default of de ros as you're saying it gives but why ... The other entry 1298/69 is just as ... Clearly now de clifford is given as 1299 and the other I can't ... in 1297 so I don't follow that entry - was there a second creation of ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)