Re: xinetd problems

From: antgel (usenet@antgel.co.uk)
Date: 03/11/03

From: "antgel" <usenet@antgel.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:17:11 -0000

"lesa" <sasa.vidakovic@etfos.hr> wrote in message
news:b4ksh9$oql$1@bagan.srce.hr...
> I have installed a new version of xinetd server (becouse of telnet server)
> but everytime I try to start the deamon, the response is
>
> /etc/init.d/xinetd start
>
> :bad interpreter: No such file or directory.
>
> help!!!

At the start of the /etc/init.d/xinetd file, there should be a line
something like #!/bin/bash . This indicates that the file is a bash script.
Have a look and make sure there aren't any extra characters at the start of
the line. Also make sure the file has execute permissions.

Antony

PS I think this is the wrong NG for your query.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: xinetd problems
    ... > I have installed a new version of xinetd server ... > but everytime I try to start the deamon, the response is ... The second possibility is that there's no shell on a path you'll find ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)