Re: storing tripwire files on floppy

From: Jordan Timothy Cox (nospam@wanted.com)
Date: 03/06/03

From: Jordan Timothy Cox <nospam@wanted.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:50:50 -0600

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 04:44:46 GMT
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@verizon.net> wrote:

> aaron wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've seen some people saying that you are best served keeping
> > certain tripwire files on a write protected floppy. I can't find
> > the references now and i'm not sure which files were to be stored
> > on the floppy as a"best practice" as far as security goes. I
> > tried just changing the references to /etc/tripwire in the
> > twcfg.txt and tcpol.txt to/mnt/floppy but the device filled up.
> >
> > HELP..
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Aaron
>
> A floppy is often too small these days. A CD-R is better, since you
> can make it fully bootable with a suite of testing tools.

And finding a fully working floppy disk these days... whoo-whee,
that's hard. I actually had to go purchase a new one, all of my
currently owned ones were corrupted.

- Jordan T. Cox (jcox at casefinder dot com) <http://casefinder.com>
- Programmer, IT Admin, and Tech Support for Geronimo Dev. Corporati.

  • Re: storing tripwire files on floppy
    ... > tripwire files on a write protected floppy. ... in the newsgroup field, choose the max number of messages to display, and ... You'll find the references you seek. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: storing tripwire files on floppy
    ... aaron wrote: ... > tripwire files on a write protected floppy. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: storing tripwire files on floppy
    ... >> tripwire files on a write protected floppy. ... > You'll find the references you seek. ... downloaded newgroup messages) My only dilemma now is that my database ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)