Re: storing tripwire files on floppy

From: aaron (
Date: 03/05/03

From: aaron <>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:57:13 -0600

"ynotssor" <"ynotssor"> wrote:

> "aaron" <> wrote in message
>> I've seen some people saying that you are best served keeping certain
>> tripwire files on a write protected floppy. I can't find the references
>> now and i'm not sure which files were to be stored on the floppy as a
>> "best practice" as far as security goes. I tried just changing the
>> references to /etc/tripwire in the twcfg.txt and tcpol.txt to
>> /mnt/floppy but the device filled up.
>> HELP..
> Well, you know what they say: "Give a person a fish, and you feed them
> for a day. Teach a person _how_ to fish, and they'll sit in your boat and
> drink beer all day." So here's what you do:
> Go to and enter the 2 words
> tripwire and floppy in the "with ALL of the words" field, and *linux*
> (asterisk wildcards fore and aft if your newsreader doesn't show it as
> such in this post) in the newsgroup field, choose the max number of
> messages to display, and sort by date.
> You'll find the references you seek.
> tony

Thanks Tony,

Actually these (i found the two i was looking for) are the same two articles
that i had previously seen...(reinstalled my box and lost my previously
downloaded newgroup messages) My only dilemma now is that my database
file (i ran it once the default method) is over 3 floppy action
there. Am i missing something else?

Relevant Pages