Disable openssh version banner

From: Dan P (danielpinsky@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/27/03

    From: danielpinsky@hotmail.com (Dan P)
    Date: 27 Feb 2003 14:30:09 -0800

    When I telnet into my box on port 22 I get the ssh version banner. How
    do I disable this banner, or change it to say something else, like
    unavailable?

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Intersite mail transfer not working
      ... When you do a telnet from one site to another on port 25, ... How does the banner look like? ... The two sites are created as two routing groups, there is a server on each ...
    • Re: restructure mails
      ... Telnet to port 25 and capture the banner? ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: Help Please - DNS issue?
      ... point about the banner, I will check that and post a reply ... reverse DNS works. ... >with a port forward on NAT to allow port ... >> SPAM filter, then route port 25 to Exchange server. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
    • remove apache os banner
      ... I have apache 1.3.19. ... How do I remove the os banner, ... try to telnet into port 80 they don't find out what type of os I am ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: remove apache os banner
      ... How do I remove the os banner, ... > try to telnet into port 80 they don't find out what type of os I am ... I tried placing a ServerTokens prod in the httpd.conf file, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)