Re: help needed with iptables...
From: steve harris (email@example.com)
- Next message: Wojtek Walczak: "Re: tcp/ip ports"
- Previous message: Aviator: "Re: tcp/ip ports"
- In reply to: Garrut: "help needed with iptables..."
- Next in thread: Garrut: "Re: help needed with iptables..."
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: steve harris <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:07:55 -0600
> I want to build a firewall using iptables. I want to block all ports
> from the outside except the SSH, POP, IMAP and SMTP ports. From the
> indide everything is allowed. Also there is one computer that should
> be able to access the internet, but not the internal network, that
> computer should also have limited bandwidth. Iptables is already
> running on the server with the following rules put in rc.local:
1st edition is for ipchains and 2nd edition includes iptables.
I have both and they are complete for just about any service you want to