Secure FTP Lin -> Win

From: Robert (robert_schmidli@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/09/03

From: "Robert" <robert_schmidli@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:26:24 +1100

I am trying to find a way of securely accessing files on a Linux server,
using MS windows as a client - without using any special software on
Windows. At present I have a linux FTP server which does the job but is not
secure. All of the docs I've read use SSH, but you need SSH software on the
windows client, which is a pain.

Is there an easy way of doing it?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Secure FTP Lin -> Win
    ... > I am trying to find a way of securely accessing files on a Linux server, ... > using MS windows as a client - without using any special software on ... At present I have a linux FTP server which does the job but is not ... > windows client, which is a pain. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Secure FTP Lin -> Win
    ... > I am trying to find a way of securely accessing files on a Linux server, ... > using MS windows as a client - without using any special software on ... > secure. ... > windows client, which is a pain. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Sharing directory with Samba
    ... > on this linux server. ... > Windows 2000 client it is asking for a password. ... > any users in the password file. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: mapping drive
    ... > I want to map a drive of Linux Server using net command I ... > could do it with WINDOWS 2000 but with client using ... > login as WINDOWS 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
    ... Open Server Management. ... then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... >From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)