Re: weird scans from port 80

From: Bill K. (bilkay@xxxlocalnet.com)
Date: 01/20/03

From: "Bill K." <bilkay@xxxlocalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:33:06 GMT

In article <3E2ACF08.D4978104@daimi.au.dk>, "Kasper Dupont"
<kasperd@daimi.au.dk> wrote:

> From RFC 793 page 36:
>
> As a general rule, reset (RST) must be sent whenever a segment arrives
> which apparently is not intended for the current connection.

The next sentence reads: "A reset must not be sent if it is not clear that this is the
case."

Why did you snip it?

Sorry for butting in.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IP address and LAN problems
    ... Winsock checks after I had reset. ... then able to connect to Tiscali, but the LAN connection is broken. ... years until the broadband network failed for a week over Xmas. ...
  • Re: Dial-up clients drop connections
    ... Both products physically synchronize with the respondent modem, authenticate, attempt to "talk to the network", then drop the connection. ... Extreme cases may warrant the removal of the TCP/IP protocol..With the NetShell utility, you can reset the TCP/IP stack to restore it to its state that existed when the operating system was installed. ... When you run the reset command, it rewrites pertinent registry keys that are used by the Internet Protocol stack to reach the same result as the removal and the reinstallation of the protocol. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: weird scans from port 80
    ... >> which apparently is not intended for the current connection. ... "A reset must not be sent if it is not clear that this is the ... about packets not part of the current connection, ... answered with a RST packet. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: no picture on LG dvd player
    ... I checked out his manual online and didn't see any instructions for a reset. ... It's connected via a yellow analog connection to my old Sony TV. ...
    (rec.video.dvd.players)
  • RE: acer aspire one - wireless ethernet
    ... connection to the router and it has a static IP address. ... Everything except for the laptops has a static IP address. ... from the Acer after copying a large file and losing the connection, ... If I leave everything else alone after the lockup and just reset ...
    (Fedora)