Re: new user friendly linux site

From: Erik de Castro Lopo (nospam@mega-nerd.com)
Date: 01/06/03

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <nospam@mega-nerd.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:14:08 GMT

vince wrote:

> hey check this out www.cobranet.dhs.org
> you can post linux question/news and more there.

Three questions:

1) How many newsgroups are you going to spam with this
   (I've seen it in at least 3 already)?
2) How often are you going to spam the newsgroups with
   this (I've seen this a couple of times over the last
   week)?
3) Why in the hell would anyone want to you some poxy
   web based forum instead of usenet?

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb."
-- Steve Hoflich in comp.lang.c++

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newsgroups: MS should WARN us FIRST not to use real email addresses here!!
    ... I never asked for advice on how to solve the spam, I know I can change the ... Microsoft without any success... ... While you may know that there is no reason a real email address ... bit off the day I set up OE for these newsgroups. ...
  • Re: $1295.00 Guaranteed Multi Ratings A+++++++++++ Service
    ... Actually it's Spam. ... They are not excessively posted to multiple newsgroups. ... Newsgroup spam is a type of spam where the targets are Usenet ... the use of cancel messages to control spam. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: spam control
    ... Bruce Chambers wrote: ... >> I will get spam. ... If spammers had any intention of honoring the your desire ... address harvesting from Microsoft newsgroups by "spambots" seems to be ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Writing community - many changes
    ... between spam and useful contribution. ... I know a bit about human behaviors, ... That newsgroups get to decide why they exist and how they function ... writing and maybe talk about their cats or favorite chocolate. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Newsgroups: MS should WARN us FIRST not to use real email addresses here!!
    ... but MS does offer a spam warning. ... community participants* should consider avoiding posting to newsgroups, ... was available to all on this forum, BECAUSE MICROSOFT FAILS TO WARN & ... dangerous security breach. ...