Re: What are the dangers of having a Webserver?

From: Luke Vogel (luke@bell-bird.com.au)
Date: 12/03/02

From: Luke Vogel <luke@bell-bird.com.au>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:45:56 +1000

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> "Luke Vogel" <luke@bell-bird.com.au> wrote in message

>>Has anyone tried using the http server that can be compiled into the
>>kernel? Should be pretty good on the performance benchmarks one would
>>think.
>>

> Umm. If HTTP access is all you need sure. But for many modern web sites, the
> configuration and scripting capability is a big deal. PHP capability, for
> example, linking in the RealAudio streaming server, and all sorts of
> logging/upload/administrative capabilities are vital to many though not all
> servers.

Yes I know, but in the context of this thread where the op was looking
for very basic html capability, I thought it might be interesting to see
if anyone has had any experience with the kernel http server.

--
Regards
Luke

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Managing "capabilities" for security
    ... kernel to transfer the capability. ... by the issuing server. ... If you give me a binary copy of a ticket, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Managing "capabilities" for security
    ... a capability to 100 other tasks. ... The kernel is unaware that I have made these transfers -- it's ... expanded the ticket to include an "authorized user" field which ... kernel pass it on to the service and rely on the *server* to ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Managing "capabilities" for security
    ... another copy of that capability! ... In Amoeba, tickets are public objects, but capabilities are server ... The signing function is kernel based (for ... the integer itself is neither the ticket nor the capability. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: "Random" number generation (reprise)
    ... The client asks for a capability to be created. ... The server tracks the permissions and binds ... Your take on kernel capabilities unquestionably would work among ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: "Random" number generation (reprise)
    ... The client asks for a capability to be created. ... The server tracks the permissions and binds ... resides in the kernel). ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)