Re: who owns IP

From: those who know me have no need of my name (not-a-real-address@usa.net)
Date: 11/30/02

From: those who know me have no need of my name <not-a-real-address@usa.net>
Date: 30 Nov 2002 01:21:42 GMT

in comp.os.linux.security i read:
>Baho Utot wrote:

>> Yes interesting, maybe mickysnot is trying to hit my DNS server,
>> caught by my firewall of course. I justing wanted to see who was
>> knocking at the door.
>
>I catch both M$ and AOL systems at my firewall on occasion also. I've
>been curious as to what they are looking for though.

more likely your `firewalls' are reporting normal activity, e.g., late or
duplicate packets, or traffic from slightly broken load balancers.

  • Re: [opensuse] more printer problems
    ... If your computer is connected to Internet directly than ... Some people disable firewall, some use no password, some don't lock the door, ... Similar is about key left in ignition lock. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Firewall for win95?
    ... >It was a blank space when I retrieved it from the newsserver ... >free firewall for Win95 with no back door, ... I theorize a gay married to a woman will ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Firewall for win95?
    ... >It was a blank space when I retrieved it from the newsserver ... >free firewall for Win95 with no back door, ... I theorize a gay married to a woman will ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)