ipchains and wuftpd

From: Axel Irriger (irriger.axel@gmx.de)
Date: 11/23/02

From: Axel Irriger <irriger.axel@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:38:08 +0000

Hi Newsgroup,

today I encountered a rather strange problem:
On of my customers uses an ipchains based firewall and a wuftpd ftp daemon.
The firewall accepts connections on 20:21 tcp+udp and lets everything out
except some trojan ports.
Running with firewall turned on, after some two days the wuftpd doesn't
allow anyone to log in ("wrong username/password"). Having the firewall
turned off, everything is okay.
Any solutions or suggestions about that?
Since I don't have any wuftpd running here, but proftpd, I can't reproduce
this trouble at all...

                Regards,

                        Axel

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What is the Pattern here ?
    ... These are all Dialup Connections that I had no connection with at the time. ... It's obviously an enormous security hole, ... > and a real firewall box. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Black Ice confesses faulty program!!!
    ... > outgoing connections or traffic except in cases where these connections ... > "dangerous/suspicious" traffic by the BlackICE program. ... > get into your machine then even a PC *without* a firewall is completely ... If you don't think "Spyware" is a problem for computer ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Port 135
    ... The patch doesn't disable DCOM / RPC, so connections can still be made. ... That's why you need a firewall. ... the patch is not the thing to control ... control over your TCP/IP ports and services, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Networking/Security Question...
    ... The router itself will be a Cisco 1721. ... >setup is very simple... ... XP sp2 having the firewall on by default. ... > # but deny established connections that don't have a dynamic rule. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: XPsp2 firewall - bug? - disables on certain networks
    ... Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2" document ... Even if the DNS suffix is different, the computer can get a new policy from ... manually enter the DNS server and suffix settings for all connections. ...