Re: new vcsa user?

From: Jari Fredriksson (jarif@despammed.com)
Date: 10/21/02

From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif@despammed.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:53:18 GMT

Kasper Dupont <kasperd@daimi.au.dk> wrote in
news:3DB268E3.D9FE6C8B@daimi.au.dk:

> MIASS wrote:
>>
>> I run redhat 7.2 and I just looked in my logwatch and saw the following!
>
> Which package have you upgraded recently? This user exist in RH7.3 out
> of the box, bot it didn't und RH7.2. I guess some upgrade for RH7.2
> has created this new user, can anybody provide us with a little more
> details?

Hello! I just got the same issue on RH 7.1, up2date brought new dev and
MAKEDEV packages, and I noticed immediately that new user creation on my
log.

//jarif

Relevant Pages

  • Re: apt-get dist-upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze crashes
    ... On the bright side at least you have a full backup. ... Note how the package with the problem has moved. ... Before doing a dist-upgrade you should do an upgrade first. ... Version of dpkg on system is 1.14.31. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Latest iceweasel - package kept back
    ... Trying to upgrade Iceweasel ... and xulrunner is then listed as broken package. ... Reading state information... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: pkgng: how to upgrade a single port?
    ... Just please keep in mind that when it claims the same version package ... you have to upgrade the dependencies. ... See: "pkg help lock" ... options that the port maintainer chose. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • unsuscribe
    ... how to downgrade and pin package [Andrei Popescu ... Re: X crashing after upgrade: urgent [Rakotomandimby Mihamina ... Since the problem appeared after upgrading xserver-common, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Message about ntp when updating
    ... That is a minor upgrade bug in the ntp package. ... remove those shutdown links generally from everything. ...
    (Debian-User)