Re: Annoyed being hacked

From: WB IT (abuse@127.0.0.1)
Date: 09/30/02

From: "WB IT" <abuse@127.0.0.1>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:35:40 +0100

"Lucas" <wstsoi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:762e3dcc.0209280501.2ce63a90@posting.google.com...
> Hi all
>
> Everytime I set up my linux for personal ftp and web server for my
> travelling photos and information, it was easily hacked by some guys and
> they made their user name and directory, or even moves my files rudely in
my
> machine ...
>
> Could you recommend me some good books or sites talking about security
> issues, anti-hacking in linux? I would like to figure out how they get
into
> my system easily and stop the annoying being hacking.
>
> Many thanks.

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=925 - Securing a Linux
Machine

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=971 - What to do if
you've been hacked

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=807 Stopping blackhats

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1287 Tripwire tutorial.

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31 - Linux firewall
projects

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=980 Intruder detection
check list

HTH

--

Shaolin - IT Systems WB Ltd.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Nimda"?
    ... I have used Apache a little, on Redhat just because that's the linux flavor ... Last hacking / security course I went thru had us bastionizing a forward ... 1000 hits a day isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things, ... I recently built a Redhat Linux 7.0 server to use as a web server. ...
    (Incidents)
  • RE: NT/2000 vs Unix based Web Servers
    ... front of the web server as part of this discussion but please also note ... high level of security on it and like everything else we discussed they ... do not come secure 'out of the box'. ... Trustix Secure Linux is a ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, he lp the cause
    ... supply of patches (Windows NT4/95/98) these systems should go offline ... Security is always a trade-off. ... This is how Linux and other ... Apache virtually owns the market with more than 60%. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #39 ... Need to keep track of the latest vulnerability information? ... vulnerabilities for both security product vendors and corporate security ... NEW PRODUCTS FOR LINUX PLATFORMS ...
    (Focus-Linux)