(no subject)

From: John Edward Scott (admin@NOdaedalus-soln.demon.co.ukSPAM)
Date: 05/21/02

From: "John Edward Scott" <admin@NOdaedalus-soln.demon.co.ukSPAM>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:37:39 +0100

This works for me :-

1) Start up the Exceed server on your WinXP machine

2) Start a SSH session to you RedHat machine

3) In the SSH session type something like "xterm -display <NAME/IP OF YOUR
XP MACHINE>:0.0" (in my case it's xterm -display copper:0.0)

4) When the Xterm session pops up on your XP machine (if it doesn't
something isn't working and you'll have to read the documentation), type
"gnome-session" and lo-and-behold you will get a complete Gnome desktop
appearing on your XP machine.

Keep trying, it DOES work honestly!

Hope this helps,

John.

"Tim Mavers" <webview@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying to get this to work for quite some time and still am
> not having any luck. I have searched Google and lots of other sites
> but still can't get all my problems resolved. To keep it short, here
> is what I want to do:

<<SNIPPED>>