Re: how secure is it?

From: Reiner Griess (mynewnews@gmx.net)
Date: 06/29/02

From: Reiner Griess <mynewnews@gmx.net>
Date: 29 Jun 2002 13:45:14 GMT

In article <m36603dp7w.fsf@mobile.lan>, Ian Jones wrote:

> Reiner Griess <mynewnews@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> a friend of mine uses a hardware router to connect to the
>> internet. All ports a closed to the outer world. Are there
>> ways to attack it from the internet? What in general (hardware
>> & software routers) are the potentialities against systems providing
>> no services?
>>
>> thanks
>> reiner
>>
>> : i do not want to hack/crack something. it is for learning
>> purpose only.
>
> Well that is a good thing, because those hardware routers...man, they
> are just impossible. I have never heard of one of those bad boys being
> vulnerable to *anything* ;)
>
> BTW, what hardware device are you trying to crack?

It's a Draytek Vigor 2200. I found nothing usefil in the net about it.

What about software routers? Can you say, as a rule of thumb, that it
is save to simply not provide any services and you will be not
vulnerable? What are the techniques to crack such a system?

thanks and bye
reiner

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wireless-N with SNMP and SSH/Telnet
    ... tag for the hardware version. ... lousy luck doing the same thing on v5 and v6 routers a few years ago. ... I use SNMP quite a bit for monitoring: ... That's because they usually don't have any management beyond the usual ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: ating 100Gbit transfer rate
    ... Alcatel-Lucent is routers are given for research internationally? ... what hardware and software do you recommend ... Information Systems Engineer ... NMS Projects Expert ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: ating 100Gbit transfer rate
    ... Alcatel-Lucent is routers are given for research internationally? ... what hardware and software do you recommend ... Information Systems Engineer ... NMS Projects Expert ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Re: ating 100Gbit transfer rate
    ... Alcatel-Lucent is routers are given for research internationally? ... what hardware and software do you recommend ... Information Systems Engineer ... NMS Projects Expert ...
    (freebsd-isp)
  • Re: ating 100Gbit transfer rate
    ... Alcatel-Lucent is routers are givven for research internationally? ... as a future vision i would like to ask if someone ever combined hardware ... The way we saturate a 100GE with a FreeBSD system is using ...
    (freebsd-isp)