Wierd secure logs

From: Bob Neep (neepster@crap.com)
Date: 06/29/02

From: Bob Neep <neepster@crap.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:06:51 GMT

Anyone know what this means in /var/logs/secure?

  xinetd[1033]: START: sgi_fam pid=1568 from=<no address>

I've looked at fam (and tried to remove it, but apparently it is needed
by nautilus) and I'm not sure why I get these messages.

I've downloaded and run chkrootkit and it says I'm ok. I'm also running
portsentry.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Wierd secure logs
    ... I've looked at fam (and tried to remove it, ... by nautilus) and I'm not sure why I get these messages. ... portsentry. ... Chris ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: portmapper (was:Re: postgresql)
    ... >stopped the portmap service since first install moments and I am facing ... Does nautilus maybe only need RPC running when using ... Hat and Fedora, and of course none of them run X (or GNOME, Nautilus, fam, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Newbie Question - KDE-Gnome-xfce
    ... fam ... libgnomevfs2-0 recommends fam ... You'll need nautilus for gnome to run ... not installing fam, and installing nautilus and libgnomevfs2-0 (despite ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: USB cf reader problem unmounting
    ... > Fam does something like this. ... See the "reload" button on ... If fam was running and Nautilus had invited fam to notify ... would be unneeded (except for non local file stuff, ...
    (Fedora)