Re: iptables: my ISP's NNTP server doesn't talk back now

From: Kasper Dupont (kasperd@daimi.au.dk)
Date: 06/25/02

    From: Kasper Dupont <kasperd@daimi.au.dk>
    Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:24:35 +0200

    Dan Jacobson wrote:

    > $ telnet news.hinet.net 119
    > Trying 168.95.195.16...
    > Connected to netnews.hinet.net.
    > Escape character is '^]'.
    > help

    There is already a problem here, you should have recieved a
    200 or 201 message at once. (Though I have seen servers
    accepting the TCP connection quickly and then hanging a long
    time before you get the 200 message.)

    --
    Kasper Dupont -- der bruger for meget tid på usenet.
    For sending spam use mailto:razor-report@daimi.au.dk

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: iptables: my ISPs NNTP server doesnt talk back now
      ... Dan Jacobson wrote: ... > Escape character is '^]'. ... accepting the TCP connection quickly and then hanging a long ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: redefining Net::Telnet "escape" character
      ... > Out of curiousity isn't the escape character used for client side ... > since to drop to a subshell, as that subshell would be your Perl script??? ... login for every connection. ... connection i make in the sequence is why i need to redefine it in my ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Re: Problem mit "Mail"
      ... Escape character is '^]'. ... 250 HELP ... Connection closed by foreign host. ... 221 mxintern.kundenserver.de closing connection ...
      (de.comp.sys.mac.internet)
    • job in XP spooler hanging
      ... If the connection to a printer is cut off and I want to print, ... Deleting the ... incorrect job makes the next job hanging with error. ... Only after deletion of all jobs and restarting the Spooler I can print ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: 551 not our customer when forwarding mail outlook
      ... both port 25 & 587 work equally as well. ... $ telnet smtp.att.yahoo.com 25 ... Escape character is '^]'. ... Connection closed by foreign host. ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.general)