Re: double the buffer? - buffer overflows

From: Rex Dieter (rdieter@unl.edu)
Date: 06/21/02

From: Rex Dieter <rdieter@unl.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:19:26 -0500

svek wrote:

> Rex Dieter <rdieter@unl.edu> wrote in news:aevinb$fht$2@unlnews.unl.edu:

>> Sure it was a beta, but redhat chose to use it because it was STILL
>> better than anything available at the time (especially to support
>> archs other than x86).
>
> I don't judge redhat, they probably had their reasons but in my opinion
> one should use stable software in a stable release.

IMO, gcc-2.96 (at least in its current incarnation in rh7.3) is quite
stable...though people's critera for this vary. I consider it's better
support for c++ standards a big plus...

--
Rex A. Dieter                   rdieter@unl.edu
Computer System Administrator   http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: double the buffer? - buffer overflows
    ... > archs other than x86). ... I don't judge redhat, they probably had their reasons but in my opinion one ... should use stable software in a stable release. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: double the buffer? - buffer overflows
    ... > archs other than x86). ... I don't judge redhat, they probably had their reasons but in my opinion one ... should use stable software in a stable release. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: double the buffer? - buffer overflows
    ... >> archs other than x86). ... > I don't judge redhat, they probably had their reasons but in my opinion ... > one should use stable software in a stable release. ... support for c++ standards a big plus... ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: bisected boot regression post 2.6.25-rc3.. please revert
    ... Please revert commit cded932b75ab0a5f9181ee3da34a0a488d1a14fd ... (x86: fix pmd_bad and pud_bad to support huge pages) ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: System x and Power 7?
    ... So the zBM extentions will first support running AIX workloads and somewhere next year support for running x86 linux will be added. ... Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)