Re: setuid not?

From: xp@idsignet.spammer-eat-shit.com
Date: 06/20/02

From: xp@idsignet.spammer-eat-shit.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:20:15 -0700

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:13:04 +0200
Kasper Dupont <kasperd@daimi.au.dk> wrote:

> Fox Morrey wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> > There may be a really dumb answer to this, but I can't find it..
> > I have a program (compiled), such as:
> > -rwsrwsrwx 1 root root 511021 Jun 19 20:38 voxcd.4ge
> ^ ^^ ^^ ^^^^
>
> How do you dare posting something like that to a security group?

Personally, I'd rather have people post questions deemed "stupid"
by some self-proclaimed gurus, than having them pretend to know
something about security and have a nasty big hole on their
system.

I mean, if the guy knows everything about Linux security already,
he wouldn't be asking questions here, would he?

Besides, setuid issue can be very confusing for some new users
(even old ones). I know, I know, he should RTFM, but it does not
cost that much to point out the problem nicely in a reply,
does it?

rgds

xp

Relevant Pages

  • Re: setuid not?
    ... >> Hey all, ... >> There may be a really dumb answer to this, ... > How do you dare posting something like that to a security group? ... I mean, if the guy knows everything about Linux security already, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Plane mishap
    ... buckle kept stopping him from going thru security. ... a terrorist to make a flight without security. ... Hey, turnabout's fair play. ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: Plane mishap
    ... hey made my husband remove his belt because the ... buckle kept stopping him from going thru security. ... Hey, turnabout's fair play. ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: SP 2 CD
    ... Please reply to the News Groups ... > but when i ordered last cd like SP1 and all stuff i recived 2 mail one is ... > like your ordered that security cd and than 1-2 days after i got message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT Shots fired-- Evacuation suspended
    ... > No- the funding for flood control suddenly dried up in 2001- the 2005 ... > money we have poured in to "Homeland Security" has been a big joke. ... Hey guess what... ... But hey, why blame those idiots, when you can forget what the dumbocrats ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)