Re: Errata for RedHat: how reliable?

From: Bruno Wolff III (
Date: 06/17/02

From: Bruno Wolff III <>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 15:52:41 GMT

In article <>, cam wrote:
> - I'd be very tempted to use djbdns having had good experiences with
> qmail but I'm put off for the very reasons you mention: the
> documentation isn't for bluffers like me. I'm going to look into using
> it longer term (why doesn't everyone, BTW, if its as good as it's
> supposed to be?)

Running a cache for a single machine isn't too hard. If you are running
daemontools already, it is very easy. Otherwise you either need to also
install daemontools or get instructions for using it without daemontools.

Most people don't run it because their systems come with bind.
The reason that it doesn't come preinstalled is because DJB has limitations
on binary distributions that are incompatible with how the people making
distributions want to do things.

Also if you are running an authoritative server that gets updates from
remote systems, then you need to worry about how you are going to do the