sendmail port 25 and 587

From: Anonymous (nobody@nowhere.co.uk)
Date: 06/17/02

Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:16:04 GMT
From: Anonymous <nobody@nowhere.co.uk>

Can people tell me if these ports(as shown by nmap) when
sendmail is running in deamon mode safe??.

Thanks

  • sendmail port 25 and 587
    ... Can people tell me if these ports(as shown by nmap) when ... sendmail is running in deamon mode safe??. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: sendmail port 25 and 587
    ... > Can people tell me if these ports(as shown by nmap) when ... > sendmail is running in deamon mode safe??. ... They are as safe as your sendmail installation in. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: sendmail port 25 and 587
    ... > sendmail is running in deamon mode safe??. ... They are as safe as your sendmail installation in. ... Ashok Aiyar ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: FC1 sendmail service questions
    ... > It is need for local mail and it is safe to leave running. ... > The default configuration is to only respond to requests from the local host ... As far as I know sendmail is safe when it is setup to only listen to the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: What version of BSD should I use
    ... Sendmail works fine in FreeBSD 4.8. ... If you pick another product to be "safe", ... As I said in my last email, people find holes in popular ...
    (freebsd-questions)