Re: RedHat security

From: Ian Jones (roux@attbi.com)
Date: 06/16/02

From: Ian Jones <roux@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 02:23:09 GMT

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RedHat security
    ... > privileges (and previously default network configs) were not the most ... > RedHat, he can. ... > As the industry is touting Linux as a more secure ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Firewall - Limit Geographic Area
    ... Firewall - Limit Geographic Area ... > times more secure than a Microsoft Windows machine can be). ... Redhat is conservative about what they release ... > - do not reuse passwords between your server and, say, random ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Question for you all
    ... As for RedHat, I like it, you can make it as secure as any distro, ... When installing RedHat choose a custom install and then check select ... > our own redhat server. ... The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Newbie: RedHat 8 or OpenBSD??
    ... I've run both Redhat and OpenBSD for web servers. ... have a secure, ... you can get scripts to harden Redhat fairly well. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] What is wrong with schools these days?
    ... Because a lot of open-source bozos run around claiming unix is more secure than Windows. ... So a lot of clueless people think that, if they just set up a RedHat box, they won't have anything to worry about. ... The last five were two Macs and three RedHat boxes. ... It means, until the general public understands the problem and knows what the solution is, hacking will continue apace with no sign of letting up. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)