Re: RedHat 6.x and recent OpenSSH RPM's

From: Luke Vogel (luke@bell-bird.com.au)
Date: 06/16/02

From: Luke Vogel <luke@bell-bird.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:19:50 +1000

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Has anyone built an SRPM use OpenSSH 3.x that builds and runs correctly
> under RedHat 6.x? The ones published by both RedHat and on the OpenSSH web
> site have strong dependencies on the RPM 4.x syntax, and will not compile on
> older RedHat systems without a complete rewrite of the .spec files.
>
> Yes, I know RedHat 6.x is antique, but this box has been running as a
> hardware monitor for a continuous > 15 months, and I'd hate to upgrade it
> without a compelling reason.

If building the ssh package from source is not an option, why not
upgrade the RPM 4.x package?

(Building the ssh package from source is probably easier than upgrading
the rpm.)

--
Regards
Luke

Relevant Pages

  • RedHat forks OpenSSH?
    ... patches applied to RPMs in the build process: Redhat have built ... their own OpenSSH tarball and are using that in their source RPM ... Redhat not make their desired changes through the standard RPM ... Fedora is at least ostensibly a community effort. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Portable openssh.
    ... > What´s the difference between openssh from RedHat and from www.openssh.org? ... OpenSSH does their development work on OpenBSD. ... > KerberosAuthentication ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Portable openssh.
    ... > What´s the difference between openssh from RedHat and from www.openssh.org? ... OpenSSH does their development work on OpenBSD. ... > KerberosAuthentication ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Portable openssh.
    ... > What´s the difference between openssh from RedHat and from www.openssh.org? ... OpenSSH does their development work on OpenBSD. ... > KerberosAuthentication ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Portable openssh.
    ... >>What´s the difference between openssh from RedHat and from www.openssh.org? ... nothing quite like upgrading sshd over an SSH session and blowing away ... init scripts seem to only kill the master daemon, not the client session ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)