Re: Q: How can I log (and halt) all outgoing information?

From: Simon Matthews (nobody@devnull.none)
Date: 06/07/02

From: Simon Matthews <nobody@devnull.none>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 21:50:32 GMT

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Matthias Pfeifer wrote:

> Simon Matthews wrote:

> >>www.snort.org
> >>
> > Since the original poster seems to be concerned about web traffic, how
> > about looking at Squid? (www.squid-cache.org)
> >
> > Squid might generate more easily understood logs.
> >

> Depends on experience and available time. he seemed to be most upset
> about the cookies, so a good browser is just fine and not to much of a
> setup and configuration task. Galeon (www.galeon.sourceforge.net) offers
> a very nice interface for cookie-management.

Probably. In any case, I think trying to figure out what cookies were
being created and uploaded with Snort (the original suggestion) might be a
serious challenge!

Galeon requires a fairly powerfull machine -- older versions of Netscape
(4.X) don't seem to require as much processor power.

Relevant Pages