Re: tcp port 4477

From: Kasper Dupont (kasperd@daimi.au.dk)
Date: 06/04/02

From: Kasper Dupont <kasperd@daimi.au.dk>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:51:02 +0200

Vilmos Soti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Every day I see dropped packets on our network where the remote machine's
> port is 4477/tcp. Anyone knows what this port is?

I have once seen one single attempt to connect to my port 1214
from the remote port 4477. That happened to be kazaa, and it
kept trying with different source port for almost 3000 times
before I found a way to stop it.

Could be completely unrelated to what you are seeing.

--
Kasper Dupont -- der bruger for meget tid på usenet.
For sending spam use mailto:razor-report@daimi.au.dk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... Right click My Network Places...Properties. ... computer that is on a remote network now. ... Internet connection, bypassing my SBS/ISA network all together. ... the port number you connect to from 80 to a port of your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Setting up Remote Desktop web connection in winxp mce to work
    ... remote computer... ... Keep in mind many ISPs block TCP Port 80 on residential accounts. ... Also keep in mind your work network admins may block TCP ... clicked on default web site and properties. ...
  • Re: ISA Rule for Remote Desktop?
    ... IP address) I can now access RWW and use Outlook Web but still can't Remote ... attempts being made from the logging interface in ISA to port 4125 when I ... It is also possible that network problems are preventing your ... There are three connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: remote desktop (complex setup)
    ... remote desktop configuration and decided to play around with my own ... network using port forwarding on my router. ... incoming connections to port 3389 to my server (running Exchange Server ... another connection to forward to the other computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)