Re: iptables

From: aSp (aSp@aspinall.dropbear.id.au)
Date: 06/03/02

From: "aSp" <aSp@aspinall.dropbear.id.au>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:59:07 GMT

Try these...
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/security/iptables_basics.html
http://www.linuxguruz.org/iptables/
and you prolly found this...
http://netfilter.samba.org/unreliable-guides/

...but if you can tell me how to get it to stop logging to the console once
you are up - I would appreciate it...very annoying.

"Krish Ahya" <Krish@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know a good online guide that gives a reader friendly
> explanation and overview of how to configure and design iptables as a
> firewall for a network? I'm trying to use a linux firewall using iptables
> the same way someone would use a Cisco PIX firewall or a Checkpoint
> Firewall-1 Next Generation.
>
> Like a Cisco PIX uses multiple RJ-45 ports. Like 1 for the inside network,
1
> for the outside and extras can be added for dmz's.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Krish, CCNP
>
> --
> ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
> I have not failed 10,000 times, I have sucessfully found 10,000 ways that
> won't work." -- Thomas A. Edison

Relevant Pages

  • Configuring PIX Firewall
    ... I'm having to configure a PIX 515e firewall that's on our network, but know very little about networking. ... Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0 ... I'd like to divvy up 1.2.3.130-254 between the internal and dmz, but it seems like the best I can do is give 32 addresses to the dmz and 64 to the internal, and then the other 32 are wasted on the outside interface. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Protecting a datacentre with a firewall
    ... Any enterprise level firewall ... be it a Cisco PIX, Checkpoint Firewall-1, Secure Computing Sidewinder, ... Run a network sniffer to get a good ... which would maybe overload the core switch. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Protecting a datacentre with a firewall
    ... each of these by a separate firewall. ... be it a Cisco PIX, Checkpoint Firewall-1, Secure Computing Sidewinder, ... Run a network sniffer to get a good ... Protecting a datacentre with a firewall ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: iptables
    ... > explanation and overview of how to configure and design iptables as a ... I'm trying to use a linux firewall using iptables ... > the same way someone would use a Cisco PIX firewall or a Checkpoint ... Like 1 for the inside network, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: iptables