Re: All ports opened

From: Khayman (khayman-nopigbottom@bigfoot.com)
Date: 06/03/02

From: "Khayman" <khayman-nopigbottom@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:17:16 GMT

"Roland JARRY" <Roland.Jarry@ucad.fr> skrev i meddelandet
news:adfdol$ka4$1@reader1.imaginet.fr...
> Hello,
> Since today, all ports are opened on my mandrake server. Before, only the
> necessary ports were opened. Is somenone know if there is a possibility (
> virus, worm,...) which cause all ports opened ?

If you mean that all your hidden services that you were hiding using
iptables are now visible for a portscanner, I would think that your iptables
setup is messed up... Did you recently upgrade iptables by any chance?

Try iptables -L -n and see what it says.

Khay.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IPTABLES: Per erfolgreichem SSH Login Ports =?iso-8859-15?Q?=F6ffnen?=
    ... Also sollen weitere Ports z.B. nur mit dem korrekten Keyfile ... Entkopple doch den Teil, der iptables aufruft, von dem teil, der ... wenn sich jemand per ssh einloggt. ... kommandos absetzt und keinen User-input entgegen nimmt. ...
    (de.comp.security.firewall)
  • Re: is it rational to close the 139 port
    ... You use iptables to reject all connections. ... the services on ports 22 and 80 become unavailable, ... Aptitude in particular will install extra packages that you don't need or want. ... Maybe you are running World of Warcraft under WINE, and installing it opens up port 3724. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iptables syntax error
    ... in which I have the iptables binary in the source code .I then copy the ... then source ports below 512 will be mapped to other ports below 512: ... # Difference between SNAT and MASQUERADE? ... # connections will survive a reconnect. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: iptables syntax error
    ... in which I have the iptables binary in the source code .I then copy the ... then source ports below 512 will be mapped to other ports below 512: ... # Difference between SNAT and MASQUERADE? ... # connections will survive a reconnect. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: [kde] Im feeling paranoid - with good reason.
    ... There should be a script in /etc/rc.d/init.d that starts iptables and loads ... the ruleset in /etc/sysconfig/iptables. ... Things like suse2 firewall. ... Check for open ports by running nmap localhost. ...
    (KDE)