Re: MS SQL Server ... want a bit of a laugh? ...

From: Lee Sau Dan (danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de)
Date: 05/31/02

From: Lee Sau Dan <danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: 31 May 2002 09:15:06 +0200

    Luke> Wild Wizard wrote:
>> yes very funny posting a link to a .exe file in a linux
>> newsgroup

    Luke> It was an self executing flash presentation ...

It could also be a trojan. Of course, one could use Info-ZIP to
extract the contents without executing the code. But an otherwise
innocent Windows user would be fooled into running the torjan!

--
Lee Sau Dan                     §õ¦u´°(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de Home page: http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~danlee

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MS SQL Server ... want a bit of a laugh? ...
    ... >> yes very funny posting a link to a .exe file in a linux ... It could also be a trojan. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Large binary newreader help please!
    ... I never turn off any of my computers, ... XP and Linux do this quite well. ... I will go back to my default bellsouth NNTP server for general newsgroup ... I had to dump slrn for the large binary stuff. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Large binary newreader help please!
    ... I never turn off any of my computers, ... XP and Linux do this quite well. ... I will go back to my default bellsouth NNTP server for general newsgroup ... I had to dump slrn for the large binary stuff. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • [alt.os.linux.suse] FAQ
    ... alt-os-linux-suse FAQ and desired newsgroup behavior ... Keywords: faqs suse linux ... This FAQ is written and maintained by Kevin Nathan, ... first-born, male child to the gurus of Linux, ad nauseum. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: ** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING - answers to frequently asked questions 2003.10.08
    ... Crossposting also tends to throw long term newsgroup participants together ... >> linux might soon become a reality in my box. ... >> $1000 worth of microsoft garbage? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)