Re: Firestarter Address Translation

From: andrei (
Date: 05/30/02

From: "andrei" <>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:23:21 +0200

the way I see things working with firestarter is that you can port forward
a range of ("internal") ip addresses on the local lan (up to 24 addresses on
a class C network), however when looking from the outside (looking inside
:-), the
entire range on the lan will only have that one address, that of the machine
which is actually
hooking up to the internet whichever way.

> I should also add to this that i need to translate more than one ip
> and each ip will have a different external address.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ssh - connection refused
    ... it works fine, but the auth log file on the "server", shows a connection ... not the ssh connection is thru the local network only or thru the ... refused packet when a connection request is received on port 5317. ... (the IP of my homeserver on the local lan) ...
  • Re: Remote Desktop Access
    ... If you can not connect over the local LAN then something on the PC itself is blocking the incoming RDP request. ... If it works over the local LAN then it comes down to a addressing issue, or a blocked port on the router, etc... ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ... tried connecting from another computer to the "host" computer and no luck. ...
  • Re: VPN connection
    ... you did ask about what port was needed if you try to access from a "non local LAN computer"... ... >> If its a PPTP VPN connection then open TCP Port 1723 and enable GRE ...
  • Re: Remote desktop only working with one pc
    ... if you can connect to each PC over the local LAN from another PC on ... or the DSL modem. ... If the test fails then you need to resolve the port forwarding issue. ... You can isolate further by removing the router and connecting each PC ...
    ... I am facing a trouble on port forwarding. ... I have sco box working as Router / Firewall, ... All traffic on local lan is forwarded through the same server. ...