Linux Security - OS Detection

From: -J- (nospam@spamguard.com)
Date: 05/17/02

From: "-J-" <nospam@spamguard.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 19:54:57 -0700

Hi all,

I'm running a "paranoid" install of Mandrake 8.2 and I'm looking to hide my
OS fingerprint. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I know of an
old patch to hide what TCP sequence, etc was used .. but can't seem to find
any info on how to do so with the newer kernels.

Thanks in advance!

-James-

Relevant Pages

  • Linux Security - OS Detection
    ... I'm running a "paranoid" install of Mandrake 8.2 and I'm looking to hide my ... OS fingerprint. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Linux Security - OS Detection
    ... > I'm running a "paranoid" install of Mandrake 8.2 and I'm looking to hide my ... > OS fingerprint. ... Does Mandrake 8.2 run iptables? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Linux Security - OS Detection
    ... > I'm running a "paranoid" install of Mandrake 8.2 and I'm looking to hide my ... > OS fingerprint. ... Does Mandrake 8.2 run iptables? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Why I dumped Linux and Went Back to Windows.
    ... >> my brief stint with SuSE, Mandrake wouldn't install properly, Lycoris ... It won't stop displaying my KDE ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Gentoo VS. Mandrake (Please!...no wars, OK?)
    ... All of them so far, except Gentoo, have been in my ... Mandrake has in my opinion done extremely well -CONSIDERING THE ... CDs to install as I type. ... While Mandrake upgrade in leaps & bounds from one ...
    (alt.linux)