Re: Cert for Apache and IMAP

From: David D. Chuha (me@no.spam)
Date: 05/16/02

From: "David D. Chuha" <me@no.spam>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 04:39:19 GMT

Scott Moseman wrote:
> Assuming I generate a certificate for our
> web-based mail hostname, is it possible I
> can use this certificate with IMAP, too?

Yes.

> Right now I am using self-signed certs for
> both, but curious if I could get a single
> certificate and use it on both services.
> (Yes, they have the same hostname and IP.)

You may also want to consider creating a self-signed certifacate
authority and generating separate certificate requests for each service.
   You could then sign each certificate with your CA.

--
Dave Chuha

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cert for Apache and IMAP
    ... > web-based mail hostname, is it possible I ... > can use this certificate with IMAP, ... > Scott Moseman ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Cert for Apache and IMAP
    ... > web-based mail hostname, is it possible I ... > can use this certificate with IMAP, ... > Scott Moseman ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Cert for Apache and IMAP
    ... Assuming I generate a certificate for our ... web-based mail hostname, is it possible I ... can use this certificate with IMAP, ... Right now I am using self-signed certs for ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Cert for Apache and IMAP
    ... Assuming I generate a certificate for our ... web-based mail hostname, is it possible I ... can use this certificate with IMAP, ... Right now I am using self-signed certs for ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Cert for Apache and IMAP
    ... Scott Moseman wrote: ... > web-based mail hostname, is it possible I ... > can use this certificate with IMAP, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)