Re: inetd.conf

From: Mark Newby (mark.newby@ntlworld.com)
Date: 05/15/02

From: Mark Newby <mark.newby@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:53:14 +0100

Jason wrote:
> Hi,
> Where does redhat 7.2 put inetd.conf?
> Thanks.
>
> Jason

maybe try some of these commands:

$ locate inetd.conf

$ find / -type f -name '*inetd.conf*'

$ rpm -qa | grep inet
xinetd-2.3.3-1

$ rpm -ql xinetd

you'll realise it doesn't use inetd, instead it uses the successor xinetd.

mark

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PAM and smtp
    ... On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 18:01, Jason Williams wrote: ... > could just pull something from the RPM? ... do a package listing to see what the file is called: ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: redirect console to serial port in ubuntu 7.0.4
    ... Jason> how do you redirect control of the computer in ubuntu 7.0.4 ... Jason> to the serial port? ... what are the commands to be used in ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: [SLE] Anyone using OpenGroupware?
    (SuSE)
  • Re: FastPlus II manual
    ... Don't have it but if you find it please send a copy over to Jason ... Scott for archival. ... particularly looking for the commands used as a local sysop but any information ...
    (comp.sys.tandy)
  • Problem running rhn_register
    ... So im attempting to run rhn_register, but im getting SSL Connect error. ... I went to www.redhat.com and d/l the latest rhn_register rpm, ... I thought abou removing the rpm package and reinstalling it, ... Jason ...
    (RedHat)