Economical Anti-Virus Network Solution

From: Gary C. New (ANTISPAM_garycnew_ANTISPAM@yahoo.com)
Date: 05/14/02

From: ANTISPAM_garycnew_ANTISPAM@yahoo.com (Gary C. New)
Date: 14 May 2002 12:04:37 -0700

I'm trying to build up a network wide anti-virus solution for my
company. We have a mixture of Windows (workstations) and Linux
(servers) systems and I am wondering what might be the most robust,
yet economical solution for such a network. Our SMTP, HTTP, and FTP
hosts are mostly Linux based with the exception of a Windows
File/Backup server. I was thinking of either a mail gateway, network
scan, client scan, or a combination scheme.

Suggestions?

Respectfully,

Gary

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux is as buggy as Windows
    ... > gives his opinion and you attack him too. ... Not just Linux, so don't think I'm ... > and details what I've already suspected and stated countless times before- that Micro$oft is playing BigBrother at its Windows Update Sites. ... databases, spread-sheets, games, webservers, ftp servers, secure-shell ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: PID 1212 slowly maxing out?
    ... Windows 2003 servers, but could it affect Windows XP as well? ... I'm on a home network running on wireless. ... Logical Disk Manager service ...
  • Re: Simple ping between windows98 and Linux(Slackware) using crossover cat5
    ... > I eventually want some mechanism for mounting a windows share on my linux ... * Sharing files with Windows.* ... Necessary step to protect your network is to configure built-in ... * Sharing internet connection. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Changing Host name help please
    ... Windows. ... You would put the hostname you want to use for your Linux ... the network setup. ... For your Linux server, you ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Anyone Networking there ?
    ... Could anyone out there help me getting my network to run. ... I am new to Linux and NOT a troll!!! ... it runs in a dual boot with an old Windows and my Windows ... Now add your users to Samba. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)