Re: "insmod" errors with IPTables on Linux

From: V. SH. (unixiod@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/10/02

From: "V. SH." <unixiod@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:56:29 -0400

In additon to:
"David Efflandt" <efflandt@xnet.com> wrote in
message
<redhatlinux2003@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Make sure that you have not built in or loaded
anything related to
> ipchains. ipchains and iptables cannot be
loaded or used at the same
> time. For example another poster some time ago
tried to load ip_masq_ftp
> (which is for ipchains) and then tried to load
iptables (which rightly
> failed).

check /etc/ld.conf
include there explicit path to Ur iptables libs
e.g.:

/usr/lib
_/lib/iptables_
/usr/local/lib

then execute
$ ldconfig -v > ~/anyFile.log

read this file, if everything is OK, reboot

ZeeRex
[ unixiod@hotmail.com ]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "insmod" errors with IPTables on Linux
    ... > Make sure that you have not built in or loaded ... ipchains and iptables cannot be ... > and then tried to load ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: unable to load iptables module
    ... > But I'm unable to load the module. ... > if i give the command modprobe ip_tables it gives the following ... and you can't use both ipchains and iptables at the same time. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: unable to load iptables module
    ... there no startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d also, like we had in case of Ipchains. ... >> But I'm unable to load the module. ... > and you can't use both ipchains and iptables at the same time. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Prevent access to linux server when mac adress does not match ip adress
    ... Iptables has much more features than ipchain. ... Prior to the 2.2.x kernel, the firewall was controlled by "ipfwadm". ... introduced the IPCHAINS tool to control that. ... Often the upgrade is too big and bulky for the older ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: IPChains with RH 9? "Protocol not available"
    ... Yes, iptables is way more versatile than ipchains, and ipchains ... is no longer supported in the redhat kernel by default. ... is RH 9 stock kernel still support ipchains? ...
    (RedHat)