Re: you don't exist ! Go away !

From: Igor2 (pt131@hszk.bme.hu)
Date: 05/10/02

From: Igor2 <pt131@hszk.bme.hu>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 06:50:53 +0200

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The subject of this message is what I get when I try to openssh to my linux
> box. Any ideas anyone ? Any white papers for ssh ? Any docs ??

once the HDD of my server started to get bad-sectored. When a bad sector
just shown up, usually a file got unusable. One of the most annoying case
was when a bad sector killed my /etc/passwd (the file was there, but when
i tried to access it in ANY way, it said I/O error). When i had that
problem, ssh returned the same error message.