Re: lighting---hacked!

From: Hal Burgiss (hal@burgiss.net)
Date: 05/09/02

From: Hal Burgiss <hal@burgiss.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 14:11:57 GMT

On Thu, 09 May 2002 13:04:50 GMT, Clayton D Strand <cdstrand@lazotech.com> wrote:

> If Linux takes a full time 40 hour a week administrator to keep up
> with minimal issues like these, and what we have found so far is

This is only because the administrator(s) apparently don't have a grip
on what they are doing. If between you and your consultant, you can't
figure out ipchains, and can't install a functional sytem, then whoever
is in charge should hire somebody who can do these elemental things, or
pay to [better] train existing personel. It is *not* nearly so tough as
you make it out to be. So, please quite trying to make it into some
infathomable thing.

--
Hal Burgiss