Chasing down an attacker.

From: Burg (Burg@shaw.ca)
Date: 05/08/02

From: Burg <Burg@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 20:27:13 GMT

Here is a question for everyone. I've been attacked. I have the logs.

So what is the next logical step. I called the ISP security guru. No
answer and his voice mail is full. No response on the generic Abuse
E-mail listing. Something tells me that they either don't care or can't
keep up.

What would be the next step?

Who can I go to for results?

Greg Gerritsen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Rachels Place II
    ... it's Bob Dylan making fun of me. ... You act all cool and shit, but your shit stinks, too, you probably ... You probably masturbate to pump the logs out ... and now he's singing about me, and I don't care. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: URGENT - LOGIN PROBLEMS
    ... I can't see anything wrong in the logs. ... I understand that exchange doesn't care about the URL, ... >> to this newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Rachels Place II
    ... You probably masturbate to pump the logs out ... and now he's singing about me, and I don't care. ... I'm just aware of possibly new readers or something. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: [opensuse] Is this a job for ddrescue?
    ... "played" nothing but silent black for several minutes before I gave ... You do not have to care about them nor study ... Logs from the first three done with 1.17: ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/ ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: /var/log on tmpfs
    ... i have set my /var/log to be on tmpfs (i have ssd and want to avoid logs being written on it). ... Edit /etc/syslog.conf so that no logging takes place; read "man syslog.conf"; you'll probably end up commenting out some lines. ... The above ideas assume that the only logging you don't care about will come from syslog. ...
    (Debian-User)