Re: IP Masquerading

From: William Park (opengeometry@NOSPAM.yahoo.ca)
Date: 05/02/02

From: William Park <opengeometry@NOSPAM.yahoo.ca>
Date: 2 May 2002 15:12:56 GMT

Cedric Blancher <blancher@cartel-securite.fr> wrote:
> Dans sa prose, John Oxley (oxo-nospam@rucus.ru.ac.za) nous ecrivait :
>> I have two computers, one of which has two network cards and a permanent
>> connection to the net. I would like some directions as to how to setup
>> IP Masquerading, so I can access the net transparently throught the
>> other computer.
>
> 2.2.x kernel :
> ipchains HOWTO
> IP-masquerading HOWTO
                \__ this is also good for 2.4 kernel as well.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IP Masquerading
    ... > I have two computers, one of which has two network cards and a permanent ... 2.2.x kernel: ... IP-masquerading HOWTO ... Linux 2.4 filtering HOWTO ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: C vs C++ in Embedded Systems?
    ... Look at linux: The same kernel runs on the biggest ... > computers on earth and also on small embedded systems. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: (newbie) Infrared + Nokia 8310 phone
    ... > all the websites I can find are terrifyingly technical and I do ... IMHO there is no "easy" way into Linux, or more general, into ... currently the HOWTO is not up-to-date, ... regarding Kernel 2.6, ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: Will there ever be a time when linux is a rival to Windows?
    ... we could do to address this, at least in the Linux world. ... people are just ignorant. ... take that as a compliment. ... Problem is that most people aren't as heavily into computers as we are. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)