Re: nt server + iptables

From: Anders Larsen (a.larsen@identecsolutions.de)
Date: 05/02/02

From: Anders Larsen <a.larsen@identecsolutions.de>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 13:55:27 +0200

Jason wrote:

> But I am still having problems with the packet coming from the nt4 box to
> linux box, it was the 'New Not Syn' problems, so I asked the Q to see if the
> nt4 box can match with the linux box wiht iptables.

You'll have to provide more information, otherwise we can only guess.
Which packets are being blocked by iptables (IP, port-numbers)?
Which iptables rules did you set up (including policy)?

Cheers
  Anders

Relevant Pages

  • Google Summer of Code 2009: Student applies to create a Better IPTables Management Tool
    ... a student) and select the Linux Foundation ... The tool focuses on helping the user to perceive what a particular chains of rules in a particular table does to a user specified packet. ... As the project aims for better IPtables management tool, I can contribute with my hard earned 3 years experience in maintenance of firewalls. ... The tools helps the user to either select all the rules in the chain or some particular rules and tells the impact of the application of selected rules upon the incoming/outgoing packet. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Potential crafted packets vulnerability in firewalls
    ... Does iptables need some additional rules to ... In other words, a packet with ... SYN,RST flags set, and ACK flag clear, will be interpreted by firewall as ... Many use Linux as a firewall to ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • How to capture and change packet using linux?
    ... How to capture and change packet using linux? ... I know the "Iptables" can do some of this job, ... the packet data I need do a lot of things to reconstruct a valid ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: nt server + iptables
    ... I am confusing about the sequence that packet going through, ... packet match the Pre or Post routing chain, then where will the packet go ... >> nt4 box can match with the linux box wiht iptables. ... > Which packets are being blocked by iptables ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Linux 2.6.9 pktgen module causes INIT process respawning and sickness
    ... > I can sustain full line rate gigabit on two adapters at the tsame time ... > current DMA architectures on 400 Mhz buses with Linux. ... > overhead of serializing writes to the adapter ring buffer IO ... overhead than a simple packet generator or pktgen. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)