Re: nt server + iptables

From: Jason (JASON@ETC.ORG.TW)
Date: 05/02/02

    From: "Jason" <JASON@ETC.ORG.TW>
    Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 08:53:09 +0800

    Thanks Anders,

    But I am still having problems with the packet coming from the nt4 box to
    linux box, it was the 'New Not Syn' problems, so I asked the Q to see if the
    nt4 box can match with the linux box wiht iptables.
    Thanks.

    Jason

    "Anders Larsen" <a.larsen@identecsolutions.de>
    ???????:pan.2002.04.30.09.09.40.12813.1013@identecsolutions.de...
    > Jason wrote:
    >
    > > The nt4 running as web and mail server lies behind the linux box
    > > firewall(iptables), will there be a problem?
    >
    > No, that is a perfectly sensible set-up.
    > Only, you still need to keep the NT4 box up-to-date with the
    > latest security patches, since iptables can't prevent Code Red
    > and the likes from coming in.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Anders

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: [SLE] Not So Fast: Linux on the Desktop
      ... it is in the same stage of development today as was NT4 when he tried it. ... not placed a VALUE on it, but rather identifies a MAJOR problem with Linux ... support FROM THE VENDORS. ... Every time I talk to a vendor / manufacturer I put in a STRONG request ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: nt server + iptables
      ... > But I am still having problems with the packet coming from the nt4 box to ... > nt4 box can match with the linux box wiht iptables. ... Which packets are being blocked by iptables ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: [SLE] Not So Fast: Linux on the Desktop
      ... > Care to straighten this Guy out? ... Linux today is much like NT3.5 or NT4: the underpinnings of a next-generation ...
      (SuSE)
    • X performance
      ... I have NT4 ... I noticed windows performs much ... I use 160MB swap space for linux. ... Any suggestions for improving performance? ...
      (comp.os.linux.x)
    • X performance
      ... I have NT4 ... I noticed windows performs much ... I use 160MB swap space for linux. ... Any suggestions for improving performance? ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)