Re: Still getting the same IPTABLES errors in the kernel(2.4.17)

From: Luke Vogel (luke@bell-bird.com.au)
Date: 04/17/02

From: Luke Vogel <luke@bell-bird.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:12:38 +1000

Walt_C wrote:

> When I boot up my kernel (2.4.17) and I try to use iptables this is
> what I get:
>
> [root@localhost me]# iptables -L
> iptables v1.2.2: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Module is
> wrong version
> Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Did you just compile a new kernel?

You may need to apply the appropriate netfilter patches to the kernel
before compiling it?

Perhaps a newer version of iptables is in order?

--
Regards
Luke

Relevant Pages

  • ipp2p under etch RC1
    ... I defined kernel source directory and iptables source directory in the ... I was able to compile ipp2p without any problems or errors after all tweaks. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • PROBLEM: iptables dont work with 2.4.25
    ... iptables v1.2.6a: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? ... Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. ... f000-f0ff: Intel ICH2 ... Controller Hub ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] one of my servers has been compromized
    ... Then yeah I would advise using iptables to deny as much outgoing ... No matter how you look at it, if no kernel rootkit was in place then any ... or revealed another compromised server. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [kde-linux] Re: Alternative to Guarddog
    ... guarddog used ipchains to run iptables or some such scheme. ... Are you sure it was with kernel 3.0? ... I run git kernels and followed the 3.x development process a bit ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Help with Linux Basics
    ... Then each time the system is booted, iptables loads from ... To run the pure basics of iptables you need to configure the following ... options into the kernel while doing make config or one of its related ... And of course you need to add the proper drivers for your interfaces to work ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)