Re: Website authentication??

From: CJ (hah@notonyerlife.com)
Date: 04/12/02

From: "CJ" <hah@notonyerlife.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:54:40 GMT

"Wipe_out" <wipe_out@go.com> wrote in message
news:a9703q$m0s$1@paris.btinternet.com...
> Hi..
>
> I want to setup a section of my website that will require authentication
> using a MySQL database..
>
> I have looked into mod_auth_mysql for apache but its is not the perfect
> solution..I would like the users to enter their usernames and passwords on a
> .php web page..thats the easy part!!..
>
> Lets say I have a web site and the /admin directory and below I want to be
> password protected..within this directory and sub directorys will be various
> web pages that are NOT .php pages and so I don't think I can use the php
> session information for the .htm pages...
>
> How would I stop someone typing the the fullpath (ie /admin/subd/file.htm)
> and bypassing the authentication??
>
> Thanks..

.htaccess

Google for it

Year 2000 never bothered me.
It's year 65536 that I'm worried about
H4x0R : I'm way cooler than you! I got 40 scrypts that can kill yer machine
sysop : Heh! Yeah right!
w33n3r: Yeah. I can nail you from here man ... gimme your ip and you're toast!
l4m3rz: Yeah .. we rock .. we're gonna fry your machine
sysop : Ok, I dare ya ... My ip is 127.0.0.1
H4x0R : ##Disconnected##
w33n3r: ##Disconnected##
l4m3rz: ##Disconnected##

Relevant Pages

  • Re: File Transfer thru stdin/out
    ... > work over phone (all other things like ssh-login and scp work ... I got 40 scrypts that can kill yer machine ... w33n3r: Yeah. ... sysop: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Commonly Trojaned Linux services
    ... I'm writing a "watchdog" script to keep an eye on a remote server. ... I got 40 scrypts that can kill yer machine ... w33n3r: Yeah. ... sysop: ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Unassigned ports
    ... if any services running on unassigned ports. ... I got 40 scrypts that can kill yer machine ... w33n3r: Yeah. ... sysop: ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Unassigned ports
    ... > then it shows you which ports are open to the world. ... I got 40 scrypts that can kill yer machine ... w33n3r: Yeah. ... sysop: ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Duplicate MAC problems
    ... In addition to that MAC-IP authentication. ... manipulate iptables and manipulate dhcp for access control. ... I know we can also do this in radius, ... Yeah I noticed this one. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)