Re: U.S. export laws on SSH/SSL?

From: Bill Unruh (unruh@physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 03/19/02

From: unruh@physics.ubc.ca (Bill Unruh)
Date: 19 Mar 2002 05:40:52 GMT

In <e48c1efe.0203161110.54df074@posting.google.com> epl@linnix.com (Edward Lee) writes:

]Is anyone familar with U.S. export laws on encryptions? If I place a
]server oversea and manage it with SSH/SSL, am I breaking the laws?
]How do I generate an exportable SSH/SSL? The docs descript a way to
]pick the encryption scheme, but what are needed for exports. I know
]that we are in a backward country, but we have to try to follow stupid
]laws.

Nothing you read on the net is legal advice. If the courts decide you
have broken the law, it is you, not the internet advisers who will
server the time.

Export of freely available "public domain" software is free of export
controls. So, use openssh/openssl.

Relevant Pages

  • U.S. export laws on SSH/SSL?
    ... Is anyone familar with U.S. export laws on encryptions? ... How do I generate an exportable SSH/SSL? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: U.S. export laws on SSH/SSL?
    ... >>server oversea and manage it with SSH/SSL, am I breaking the laws? ... >>pick the encryption scheme, but what are needed for exports. ... The Bureau of Export Administration now implements rules that go ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: U.S. export laws on SSH/SSL?
    ... > Is anyone familar with U.S. export laws on encryptions? ... > server oversea and manage it with SSH/SSL, am I breaking the laws? ... I'd assume it depends on the country in question. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)