Re: nameserver banging on my door

From: Tim Haynes (
Date: 03/12/02

From: Tim Haynes <>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:47:22 +0000

"mr.e" <> writes:

> Why would my nameserver be giving me mondo-multiple hits like
> to etc etc?
> The attempts to connect seem to be cycling through the ports way up in
> this range and I'm getting a _lot_ of them.
> What am I seeing here?

A major disappointment looms when you expect telepathy.

Morning dawning /                           |
With life abounding                         |

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ISA
    ... Tim, hopefully you didn't think I was telling you to say 'No' to the ... always having to open up new ports all the time. ... is an advantage - from a security point of view. ... Since he is the business owner, ...
  • Re: SP2 Firewall oder ZoneAlarm?
    ... > Hei├čt das jetzt ich bin (mit ausnahme der beiden offenen Ports) ... Hallo Tim, ...
  • Re: emule blocking?
    ... If you want a one disc firewall for a low end machine check out ... Tim... ... >> did some google searching but i didn't find anything usefull ... > Simplest way - block the ports in use. ...
  • Re: OT: Wind farm NIMBYs
    ... I've always thought they should go in ports. ... They'd be on the coast, where it's windiest, and in a skyline already full of cranes. ... No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as walking. ...
  • Re: A better, or worse, spoofing attack?
    ... Tim, Luke, et. al.? ... Erm, which `set' of ports? ... All the log entries in the OP's article were ...