Specs

From: bomba (uknowuluvituslag@no_spamhotmail.com)
Date: 03/06/02

From: bomba <uknowuluvituslag@no_spamhotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:38:46 +0100

Hi,

I'm going to install a Checkpoint FW-1 on Red Hat for my company and
I've got most things worked out from a tech perspective. The thing that
I've had trouble finding out about is, what kind of spec the server
should be running. I've found the minimum specs required, but is there
some sort of scale that exists that compares bandwidth / throughput vs.
CPU and memory?

We will have a 2Mb leased line and I'm looking at a small RAID 1 server
/ pc running 800Mhz and 256Mb RAM. I imagine this will take care of
everything nicely, but is it over-kill?

Cheers,

bomba

Relevant Pages

  • RedHat Enterprise 5.0
    ... have installed D3 onto Red Hat Enterprise, ... All of my sites run D3-Linux on some version of Red Hat over the ... as the server simply hosts D3 and my application. ... these servers apart from install Linux, install all software updates, ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: RedHat Enterprise 5.0
    ... All of my sites run D3-Linux on some version of Red Hat over the ... as the server simply hosts D3 and my application. ... puporting to issues possibly with ORBIT or NFS locks etc. ... these servers apart from install Linux, install all software updates, ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Semi FreeBSD Related Fedora Linux Question
    ... I have a situation where I need to install Fedora Linux on a computer ... Hat kickstart server. ... should be able to serve as a Red Hat Linux kickstart server, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [SLE] Installation woes
    ... ve been a Red Hat user for a number of years. ... discontinuing their consumer/small business Red Hat Linux in favor of=20 ... I've been attempting to install SuSE to try it out. ... Is this a server problem, installer, or what? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: New Event Log Errors!
    ... Somehow along those lines I'd also installed the Certificate Authority ... Did you apply the last Server Pack for SBS Server? ... Please install Windows Support Tools on the win2k3 sp1 problematic ... Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)