From: Kevin (nobody@tex.kom)
Date: 02/21/02

From: nobody@tex.kom (Kevin)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:37:51 GMT

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about BestCrypt,
filesystem encryption software. It's a commercial product, but
it comes with source code, for Linux anyway.

  • Re: Video editing in Linux?
    ... whatever you would want, i would have to first get linux installed, ... It is totally viable that you could modify the source code out there ... in the same way that Windows security gets ... i doubt your cpu even hits 10% of its potential ...
  • Re: Building an assembler from scratch
    ... Some proprietary software has been released as FOSS software after the ... want source code 99.99% of the time. ... You cannot say that about Linux. ... OpenGL 3.2 deprecated some features (API calls); ...
  • RE: possible GPL violation by Sigma Designs
    ... I purchased a Liteon LVD2001 DVD player which uses this Sigma EM8500 chipset ... and firmware running Linux. ... devices in the PCMCIA slot of this DVD player but source code for their ... drivers (GPL status for these is unknown), ...
  • RE: Running more than one service on one box
    ... Microsoft does allow some VERY LIMITED access to some ... but for the most part open source code (such as Linux) is much easier to fix ... As to your statement that an "out of the box" installation of Windows NT vs. ...
  • Re: what does "serialization" mean?
    ... > Corey just posted a reference to of the responses you made, ... > Does Barnes and Noble use Linux? ... >> applying modifications in source code is to be very disciplined about ... the author of Minix claims that it is not. ...