ipchains and tcp-wrappers not playing nice?

From: j2n tech (dweeb@geek.com)
Date: 02/07/02

From: "j2n tech" <dweeb@geek.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:01:05 -0500

Red Hat 6.1 kernel 2.2.12-20

Anybody else notice tcp-wrappers not working properly when ipchains is used?
I supposed it could seem a bit redundant, is this by design?

--matt

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ipchains and tcp-wrappers not playing nice?
    ... > Red Hat 6.1 kernel 2.2.12-20 ... > Anybody else notice tcp-wrappers not working properly when ipchains is ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Prevent access to linux server when mac adress does not match ip adress
    ... Iptables has much more features than ipchain. ... Prior to the 2.2.x kernel, the firewall was controlled by "ipfwadm". ... introduced the IPCHAINS tool to control that. ... Often the upgrade is too big and bulky for the older ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: IPChains with RH 9? "Protocol not available"
    ... When try to load the module ipchains, ... is RH 9 stock kernel still support ipchains? ... implementation which you might know from the 2.2 kernel series. ... is just a very limited compatibility implementation. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: confusion over firewalling
    ... > I have a desktop machine onto which I installed woody, ... > ran a 2.2.20 kernel and was configured using heimdall to use ipchains ... > configuration.) ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [kde-linux] Re: Alternative to Guarddog
    ... guarddog used ipchains to run iptables or some such scheme. ... Are you sure it was with kernel 3.0? ... I run git kernels and followed the 3.x development process a bit ...
    (KDE)